31.1.13

Trailer Trash Tuxedo


Today feeling extra classy, I decided to whip out my most luxurious thrift store beer sweater. I walked around feeling like a million bucks, and the condescending stares from on looking old people was the certification I needed for choosing such a tasteful look. I deemed this sweater a 'trailer trash tuxedo' because of the small town I purchased it in, and also because the fine gentlemen to my left wore this exact sweater to the hitching post. Now I do not believe everyone who lives in a trailer is trash, in fact I believe all trailer park residents are simply trailer park residents until they have earned such a title. 

Sweater - Thrif
Shirt - Thrift
Pants - H&M
Boots - Dr Martens

Such fine labels for such a fine outfit. To bad I didn't take a picture of my jean jacket I had on today, that was really the icing on the cake. But everything aside, I don't think I look that bad? The boots are one of my favourite pairs of Dr. Marten's I own, I refer to them as my dinosaur boots. Mainly because they are chunky and green, and the bottom eyelets look like dinosaur eyes. 

Can we just take a moment for the wonderful photo I posted. Unfortunately I have not yet figured out how to use photoshop yet. But slowly Im learning, hopefully by the end of 2013 I will  have learnt how to properly crop me into a trailer park. 

On the topic of what I did today, at first I started of with school yada yada yada. However after school me and my class mates decided to go see an incredible film on Diana Vreeland. The film was called 'The Eye Has To Travel', and it was truly truly incredible. It showed her entire life, she was such a marvelous woman. She grew up in Paris, danced in the 20's, essentially created the youth quake movement and was above all just a remarkable woman. Watching that film makes me want to go to my school and dig through the 60's Vogues we have stashed. 

I hope you all have an incredible weekend

xx

No comments:

Post a Comment